So I’ve been researching unusual foodie locations in the US for a client who truly IS a foodie… and I found a place that not only surprised me, but also my client…
Yes… you read that right! The Motor City is becoming a foodie haven!
Some of the places of interest include…
- Eastern Market– a market district in Detroit with a farmers market every Saturday
- Treat Dreams– they have some interesting ice cream flavors. Not only Salted Caramel and Vanilla Bean, but other ice cream flavors include French Toast, Mango Diablo, and Dirty Martini just to name a few.
- Drinks are a special niche for some foodies… so they would probably enjoy Two James Spirits (they make their own bourbon, whiskey, and vodka) and Detroit City Distillery.
- Pizza… mmmm… there is now a Detroit-style pizza (square, deep-dish, with a variety of toppings)
- Bangkok 96, I have heard, has amazing Thai food with cocktails to match!
- Greektown– this is a predominantly Greek neighborhood where you can get all the foods you’ve heard of (gyros, souvlaki, and baklava) and many delicious items that you haven’t.
So what do you think? Is Detroit a foodie haven? Or what city do you think is a foodie haven?