What does Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay have in common? They're all south of the equator... well, most of Brazil is anyway! LOL
What else do they have in common? They have restaurants listed in Food and Wine's World's Best Restaurants for 2020. Seven out of ten restaurants are south of the equator! The other three? Mexico, Colombia, and Saint Lucia... all located between the Tropic of Cancer and the equator. (Well, Colombia straddles the equator as well, but the restaurant is JUST north of it.) Think of Hawaii or the Caribbean... think of the scent of tropical flowers on a warm breeze...
I don't know about you, but I live north of the Tropic of Cancer. And nevermind that it's 2020, there's a pandemic, and most of us are barely just getting out of the house much less traveling! The foodie in me apparently needs to go south! My tastebuds would be delighted to venture into South America...a vacation visiting friends in Australia has a couple more stops that I will need to make... my heart and mind sing at the possibility of new experiences.
So check out this list... see where you might go...
- Momofuku Seiōbo- Sydney, Australia
- Pasture- Auckland, New Zealand
- Fleet Restaurant- Brunswick Heads, Australia
- Lasai- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- El Chato- Bogotá, Colombia
- Boragó- Santiago, Chile
- Sud, o Pássaro Verde Café- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Jacinto- Montevideo, Uruguay
- Cocina Chontal- Tabasco, Mexico
- Orlando's- Soufrière, Saint Lucia
Read the article from Food and Wine HERE